Writing a Music Development Plan: Primary
Explore how to articulate your music provision so that it focuses on inclusion, engagement and the quality of education a pupil receives during their time within your school.
This free, one-hour ISM Trust webinar is aimed at non-specialist primary school music leads.
This webinar is relevant to music leads from across the four nations of the UK. However, it will refer to the recommendation in the English National Plan for Music Education (NPME) that every school in England (including multi-academy trusts) should have a Music Development Plan in place by September 2023, that 'captures the curricular and co-curricular offer and sets out how it will be staffed and funded'.
The webinar is delivered by Margaret O'Shea, ISM member and the Director of Music for Ark Schools. Margaret is an experienced music teacher who, having been Director of Music for Ark Schools for five years, now leads on their curriculum and enrichment work across all creative, cultural and sporting faculties.
You can view the slides of the webinar here.
After watching, please let us know your feedback by filling out this short anonymous feedback form.
- ISM information hub on the National Plan for Music Education (NPME) for England
- ISM Music self-evaluation tool – primary
- ISM Trust’s latest free digital resource: Primary Singing Toolkit
- ISM Trust free digital resource: Primary Music Toolkit
- National Curriculum for Music (primary) framework
- ISM welcomes National Plan for Music Education in Wales
- Ofsted research review series: music
- Gov.uk guidance for schools to help teach music at key stages 1, 2 and 3 and progress pupils through the national curriculum